Who Do You Serve?

In the post, Who Are You Leading?, the concept of self-leadership as well as the practice of servant leadership was discussed. Self-leadership is the first step to becoming a more influential leader. After all, if you don’t have the goods, you can be an effective leader. And, you can’t give what you don’t have.

The practice of servant leadership takes the focus off you and puts it on others. If you are a religious or spiritual person, you’ll find many examples of this precept in your faith. It has been said that “you can get anything you want in life if you help enough others get what they want.” While the issue of servant leadership has been around for thousands of years, it’s as powerful and relevant today as it was then. The concept of servant leadership is a philosophy that enhances the lives of individuals and builds stronger organizations.

A traditional leadership style is one that is based on the “belief” that power is...

Continue Reading...

Who Are You Leading?

There’s an old saying, “leader of one, leader of many, if you can’t lead one you can’t lead any.” If you are not leading yourself, someone else is leading you…and it may not be the person or people that you want! Being a good leader in business or in life takes a lot of hard work as well as a conscious effort of self-development.

There are some people that are naturally talented when it comes to leadership. For most of us however, it's a skill that needs to be developed. The good news is that anyone can develop the skills necessary to become be a leader.

Unfortunately, most people aren't willing to pay the price it takes to get there. People want things quickly and that's not the way it works in leadership. It takes a sense of purpose and patience. Becoming a good leader doesn’t happen in a day.

You don’t read a book on leadership or go to a seminar and all of a sudden become a good leader. It takes effort to learn and to grow....

Continue Reading...

The Power of Regret

Uncategorized Apr 10, 2016

A popular saying is to "live life with no regrets." Well…wouldn't that be nice! I'm sure that saying doesn't mean to live life with abandon. It's probably more about embracing all the things that you might wish to try without fear. Whatever the reason, I believe it is a mistake to discount feelings of regret.

Let's examine the definition of regret. Webster's defines regret as "a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done." The definition describes negative emotions. Probably the most common emotion is disappointment in situations or with yourself.

But, regret has a purpose. Having regret for things that we may have done wrong to someone means that you have a conscious. It means that you have an understanding of right and wrong and that the regret you feel is an indication that you wish to be an agent of positive influence. Regret is usually experienced in regards to some personal action you have...

Continue Reading...

Maximize Your Time and Double your Productivity by Setting Goals

goals self development Apr 04, 2016

Goal setting is an essential skill that effectively helps to add hours to your work week, and is a very worthy skill to master. The only hard part is in taking the first step and getting your first goals written down on paper. After your first try, you will probably find it so effective that you will start wondering how you managed to surviving so long without written goals!

 Goal setting gives you a sense of direction, a roadmap that points you to exactly where you want to be, without needing to meander through the wilderness and wasting a lot of time in the process.

 According to a survey at Yale University in 1953, only 3% of the graduating class had written goals. Twenty years later, it was found that the 3% who had written goals had amassed a net worth greater than that of the other 97% combined! This is concrete evidence that goal-setting on paper truly works, and should be carried out by everyone, especially since it is so easy.

 However, one critical point to...

Continue Reading...
1 2 3
Close

50% Complete

Two Step

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.